Your privacy on the SOTEC website
The basic objective of the SOTEC website is to be a dynamic resource and a tool that helps you get to know our company better. We want you to feel safe when you access our website, and that is why we are committed to preserving your privacy whenever you visit us and we thank you for taking a few minutes to read this text.
What data do we collect?
SOTEC collects the following information on its website through your browsing:
- Information you provide us by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to use the website or request a report or other information. You have total freedom to decide if you want to provide your data.
- If you contact us, we may save the correspondence.
- Sometimes we ask you to respond to surveys that we then use for our studies, although participation is not mandatory.
- The messages, comments and other content that you upload or post on a SOTEC website.
- Our website collects information about your computer, including (if possible) your IP address, your operating system and your browser type. We use this data to administer the system, filter traffic, search for user domains, and perform statistical calculations.
- Data from your visits to our website and the resources you access (including, but not limited to, traffic data, position data, web logs and other communication data). We treat this information as "personal data" if it identifies or relates to you.
For what purposes do we use this information?
We use your personal data to offer you the information you request, to process requests, to document statistical studies of which we generate periodic reports, to improve site navigation and to communicate with you if you authorize us to do so.
Do we share your personal data with other companies?
We never sell personal data to third parties. In general, we only share personal data with our contracted consultants and service providers. However, there will be times when we have to share or disclose your personal data for specific purposes. For example:
- In the event that we co-organize an event / study with another company or provider and need your data to generate a mailing, identifications, access authorizations, etc. However, we will always inform you of the reasons why we request the information and you will have complete freedom to decide if you want to provide it.
How is data security guaranteed?
We take appropriate measures to ensure the security of personal data collected through the SOTEC website. You must understand that, given the open nature of the Internet, your information and personal data can circulate without security measures through networks connected to your computer or our systems, so it is possible that people other than those to whom they are directed can access them.
At times, our website may include links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow any of these links, please remember that those websites have their own privacy policies and therefore we cannot be held responsible for these websites or their policies. Please review these policies before providing your personal information on these websites.
Where will your personal data be processed?
We are a global organization, so the personal data collected can be transmitted by the SOTEC organization around the world. We have internal policies that guarantee an equivalent level of protection throughout our organization.
You have the right to know if we keep personal data about you and, if we do, to access that personal data and request that we rectify it if it is incorrect. To do this, you can use our contact form.
You can exercise your right to reject marketing communications by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right to interrupt marketing communications whenever you want by using our contact form.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information. They are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and then sent to the source website each time you visit it again, or to another website that can recognize them. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user's system. You will find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. You can also watch a video about cookies at www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Cookies perform different functions, such as facilitating navigation between pages, remembering your preferences and, in general, improving the user experience. They also help make the advertising that appears on the pages more relevant to you and your interests.
What if you don't want cookies?
By using our website you are not giving authorization to install cookies on your system, as explained below. If you wish to remove cookies from your system, you can do so using your browser options.
Please note that blocking and deleting cookies will affect your use of the website, as some parts of it may stop working. Unless you have configured your browser to block cookies, our system will send cookies when you visit our website even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
Disabling cookies also prevents web beacons from being able to track your activity on our website. The web beacon will record an anonymous visit, but will not save any data about you.
If you have any questions now or during your visit, do not hesitate to contact us using our contact form.